Sunday, September 26, 2010

So, what's your favorite MMORPG?

As an aside before I ask, I got my computer put together and got FFXIV installed. Unfortunately the server that all my friends went to closed because it filled up. I'll be making a character on a different server until it opens up again, but that kinda blows.

Here's a list of most of the MMORPGs that have come out.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/0

So, which is your favorite? If you think MMOs are a massive waste of time and suck balls, then you can post that too.

To list the ones that I have heard of:
  • Aion
  • Asheron's Call
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • City of Heroes
  • Eve Online
  • Everquest 1/2
  • Final Fantasy XI
  • Guild Wars 1/2
  • Lineage 1/2
  • Lord of the Rings Online
  • Ragnarok Online
  • Runsescape
  • Warhammer
  • World of Warcraft
I didn't list FFXIV obviously because it's too new. These are really just the major mainstream ones that I've heard of, I haven't played nearly all of them. All I've really played is FFXI, WoW, Aion and a little bit of Lineage. FFXI would have to be the one that I liked the most, though a lot of people didn't like it. It just kept me interested for longer. I got bored pretty fast in Aion and WoW, felt like they were too easy. 

Anyway, I don't want to get into a deep explanation of my favorite MMO, I'd like to hear other people's opinions. Feel free to tell me that FFXI is a horrible game. In some ways I'd agree, but it was still my favorite.

26 comments:

  1. Knight Online.
    Add it to your list!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warcraft! Althought it's getting boring :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to the next update...

    ReplyDelete
  4. World of Warcraft, without a doubt. So excited for Cata!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Runescape comes into this debate? Oh how I laughed... I play Guild wars because, well, don't want to pay monthly, have played WoW, enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Runescape comes into this debate? Oh how I laughed"
    haha. I used to like this game alot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i used to play WoW all the time. but i got kind of sick of it. cataclysm looks to be making it a lot better though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog bro!
    Followin n supportin :)
    Check my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. im really considering getting this, even though i hated 11.

    is it anything like 11?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff here, come check out my SC2 blog full of good tips and tricks =)

    http://zergitup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. FFXI is my favorite miss my drk(zerg ftw MF'r)and doing 2550 at 71 level sync with guillotine on an IT++ Imp is badass~ and ninja cause lol crits & non stop attack speed, i stoped playing :/ i just got a naglering too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'd have to say RO its the one i played the most of

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the comments on my last GTL blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. because I are no monies, I play a browser MMO called " Sherwood Dungeon " I describe it as WoW's hadicapted Cousin.....But it's fun, and it's kinda nice to have a small MMO, everyone knows each other and it brings depth into the game and the people you play with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I acutally don't play any MMORPGs, although I want too. My internet connection is not up too it, nor do I have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I played City of Heroes for a while, it was pretty excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a good post that makes me want to come back for more

    ReplyDelete
  18. ragnarok , but i played on private servers

    ReplyDelete
  19. Guild Wars for me. Psyched about GW2!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Of all time? Everquest 1. City of Heroes and Dark Age of Camelot come close 2nd and 3rd.

    ReplyDelete